Podium & 451 Research Co-present on “Catalog-First" as a Strategy
Company demonstrates how a smart data catalog advances metadata and data quality.
Podium Data, Inc., and 451 Research will team up on a webinar titled “A Catalog-First Strategy: Getting more value out of your Data Lake.”
WHEN: Tuesday, July 17th at 11:00 am EST
- Dr. Paul Barth, CEO, Podium Data, Inc.
- Dr. Katy Ring, Research Director, IT Services, 451 Research
Data-driven strategies help organizations better compete in the digital economy, giving them an advantage due to a more responsive business process. In this live discussion, the presenters will share the benefits of a “catalog-first strategy” which delivers a truly functional data marketplace or “data bazaar” as coined by 451 Research. Dr. Ring and Dr. Barth will show attendees the thinking behind the strategy, and how it represents a powerful enabler fueling the adoption of the self-service marketplace, including;
- Data as a Service; the components of a data bazaar/data marketplace
- From data sharing to data monetization
- The movement to the cloud
- The Catalog-First Strategy; automated & metadata driven
- Building a Smart Catalog; validation/profiling
- Making Data Business Ready; cleansing, conformed, protected
- Provisioning for Easy Consumption; browse/search, refresh, publish, and access controls