If you think like us, think with us.
What we do at Podium is not easy. It's not about combining old ideas in a new way. We're fundamentally re-thinking the way companies use their most valuable asset: data. We're in the search of something new. Better. It's not easy work, but its potential impact is enormous.
We believe the work we're doing can change the world. Our sights are set on transforming how the biggest companies in the world deal with data, and to do that, we're adding talent across our entire organization. If you think like us, we invite you to come and think with us. The work is underway and our need is now.
Everything we do at Podium depends on an open, honest, and often vigorous exchange of ideas. There is no room for pretense, ego, protocol or prima donnas. We compete with each other, just as we support each other. We deal directly with each other, with our customers and with our partners. We expect the best thinking that we're capable of — both as individuals and as a team. We prize conceptual innovative and excellence in execution. And we believe in and care deeply about professional development. About our people.
Brilliant people, exceptional compensation.
At Podium Data, we hire brilliant people and reward their exceptional work with outstanding benefits. We offer competitive salaries, generous paid vacation and holidays, and comprehensive benefits, including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and 401k.
Where innovation and history collide.
Located on the 495 technology belt west of Boston and with deep connections to Boston’s innovation community, Podium Data is headquartered in a restored mill in historic Lowell. Our employees from greater Boston, metrowest, and New Hampshire enjoy free parking and easy access to our offices through the MBTA commuter rail and major highways.
One team, one mission, one result.
At Podium, we are one team on a shared mission. We expect a lot from each other, including team work, accountability, and mutual respect. We also support and enjoy one another every day. A casual, collaborative work environment, team outings, birthday celebrations, and service projects are just some of the ways we work hard and play hard together.
Driving disruptive innovation.
Our team is made up of brilliant, experienced, forward thinking experts who are the very best at what they do. We encourage one another to take risks, to be bold and visionary in our thinking, and to seek out disruptive, rather than incremental solutions to challenging problems. We recognize the unique talents of each team member and encourage and support their growth and progress in expanding and developing their skills and careers.
Qualified individuals must demonstrate past contributions in providing product support during the sales and implementation stages of the enterprise software sales cycle. The person in this role will be a customer-facing technical member of the support team in addition to participating in customer proofs of concept and technical evaluations demonstrating the business value of Podium. Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, and comfortable in a team environment and as an individual contributor. Must have the ability and desire to learn new technologies and concepts, and possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) for both technical and business concepts. Qualifications include enjoying what you do and having fun while contributing to the team and the organizations success.
Working with the Director of Customer Success to:
- Provide superior customer support for our product, Podium
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of knowledge bases, product documentation and tutorial videos
- Participate in delivering standard and customized training for end users
- Help uncover true business needs and pain points, and deliver in-depth online and in-person demonstrations of our solution
- Participate in customer proofs of concept and technical evaluations to exhibit business value
- Identify technical problems, provide guidance for effective adoption, communicate best practices, and provide technical support
- Deliver standard and customized training for end users
- Assist in proposal development and RFP responses
Required Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in support, pre-sales, sales engineering, or supporting implementations of enterprise software solutions
- Demonstrated technical experience in big data technologies: Hadoop, Python, Pig, Perl, Java, etc.
- Experience working in an early-stage company environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Contact: Chris Ortega. firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified individuals will be able to demonstrate past contributions in all stages of the enterprise software sales cycle and have the ability and willingness to both Hunt and Farm for sales opportunities. Must be self-starting, motivated, and comfortable in a team environment and as an individual contributor. Ability and desire to learn new technologies and concepts, with excellent communication skills for both technical and business concepts. Must enjoy what you do and have fun while contributing to your team and organizations success.
- Identify appropriate prospects and develop account opportunities
- Develop and manage relationships with other Podium team members, our key partners and customers
- Manage and negotiate complex sales-cycles, and present to decision makers the value of our software platform
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement
- Perform high level on-line and in person demos of our solution.
- Achieve Sales Quota
Candidates Must Have the Following Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of quota carrying software or technology sales and account management experience
- Software sales experience in software-as-a-service (SaaS) as well as ETL, data integration, or data warehousing software a plus
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CxO level
- Consistent earnings in past Account Manager roles while carrying a minimum 1M quota
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles
- Previous Sales Methodology training
- Experience working in an early stage company environment
- Strong communication, presentation & negotiation skills
- Bachelors Degree required
Contact: Chris Mueller. email@example.com
Qualified individuals will be able to demonstrate past contributions in all stages of the software development life cycle. Strong technical knowledge and proven software engineering skills are a must, especially involving data management and large-scale processing technologies. Must be self-starting, motivated, and comfortable in a team environment as an individual contributor. Ability and desire to learn new technologies and concepts, with excellent communication skills for both technical and business concepts. Must enjoy what you do and have fun while contributing to your team and organizations success.
- Hands on design and development of major subsystems of product and solving of complex technical problems.
- Work in major functional areas of the product and translate business requirements into technical design and specifications all the way through feature delivery.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership to junior team members. Contribute to improvement of company software development practices and standards.
- Become an expert in new technologies in Big Data space. Bring new and fresh ideas that can benefit the product.
- In addition to primary responsibilities of design and development, work with other team members to fill engineering gaps on as needed basis in infrastructure maintenance, release engineering, quality assurance etc.
Candidates Must Have the Following Experience and Skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Masters Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in the development and delivery of enterprise software products
- 4+ years of development experience on Java (and/or Scala) using open source stack….Spring, Apache commons, Hibernate etc.
- 4+ years of experience with Hadoop technologies including MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Pig etc.
- First hand experience with SQL, RDBMS
- Highly knowledgeable in all concepts of parallel processing and distributed file systems.
- Strong understanding of OO design concepts and patterns.
- Strong experience in Unix/Linux environments, tools and scripting.
- Must have strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
Ideal Candidates Will Have These Highly-Desirable Skills
- Experience with performance testing and tuning of parallel processing engines in Hadoop stack.
- Experience with ETL and large scale data warehousing
- Understanding and experience of data preparation, reporting and analytics tools
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies and tools
Contact: Steve Richards. firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Technical Product Marketing Manager and key member of the Marketing team, you will be responsible for driving and re-enforcing the business and technical value proposition of Podium Data’s product. As the product expert, you will own product positioning and messaging, competitive analysis, supporting sales collateral development, and product demonstration. You will also collaborate on industry speaking, media and analyst relations, and product strategy and planning.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and working closely with product management, development, customer success, marketing, and sales, you will leverage your subject matter expertise in enterprise data management, business intelligence and big data to build and implement marketing programs and tools that define and strengthen Podium Data’s value proposition among prospects, customers, partners and influencers.
As a product marketing leader, strategic thinker, and technical expert, Podium Data’s Technical Product Marketing Director will collaborate with product management, technology and sales leaders to define product strategy, and then use that insight to lead product marketing strategy and execution for Podium’s big data enterprise data management platform. As part of this effort this person will own product positioning and messaging, competitive analysis, supporting sales collateral development, and product demonstration. They will also collaborate on industry speaking, media and analyst relations, and product strategy and planning.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and working closely with product management, development, customer success, marketing, and sales, this person will leverage their subject matter expertise in enterprise data management, business intelligence, and big data to build and implement marketing programs and tools that define and strengthen Podium Data’s value proposition among prospects, customers, partners and influencers.
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Analyze competitors’ products and strategies and market trends. Integrate that information into messaging and positioning, and document that in partnership with sales to deliver strong competitive selling tools for customer facing teams
- Collaborate with product marketing to collect information from customers, prospects, partners, industry influencers and other market actors to drive product strategy and planning.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the market trends and technologies and create compelling writeups, including whitepapers and blogs, that successfully communicate Podium Data’s technology value in the emerging market of data lakes
- Produce diverse collateral that effectively communicates Podium Data’s capabilities with relevant product information, thought leadership content, and business use cases for customers, prospects, and partners across the solution (collateral, demos, white papers, guides, presentations, blogs, etc.)
- Evangelize Podium Data offering through events, blogs, newsletters and webinars
- Work closely with the product management and development team to plan and execute detailed cross-organizational product launches
Sales Support and Enablement:
- Develop resources (incl. solutions guidelines, demo requirements, guides, and competitive insight) that support outbound increases in win rates, adoption, renewals, and revenues
Candidates Must Have the Following Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable passion for technology and familiarity with markets and trends: enterprise data management, business intelligence and data warehousing, big data, cloud applications, and analytics
- 4+ years of experience in product marketing or product management. Experience in other technical customer facing roles, such as SE (Sales Engineer), solution architect, or customer success specialist is also highly valuable.
- Technical background, either through a BA/BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field or through 2+ years of direct work experience in a technical role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Compelling public speaker
- Startup DNA is a must
Contact: Barbara Petrocelli. email@example.com
Qualified individuals must be self-starting, motivated, and comfortable in a team environment and as an individual contributor. Ability and desire to learn new technologies and concepts, with excellent communication skills for both technical and business concepts. Must enjoy what you do and have fun while contributing to your team and organization’s success. The primary responsibilities and required experience of the position are:
- Provide on-call support coverage for customers
- Triage technical issues for prioritization, resolution and escalation when necessary
- Interface with customers through via email and telephone to assess and understand customer technical issues.
- Reproduce and assist in the debugging of customer technical issues
- Work with the Customer Success and Engineering teams as necessary to ensure issues are resolved in a timely and quality manner
- Document resolutions and contribute FAQ’s and Best Practices to the Customer Support Portal
- This position reports to the VP of Customer Success.
Candidates Must Have the Following Experience and Skills
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and comfortable in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Effective written and verbal communications skills at a technical level
- Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to deal with tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- 1 to 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of linux, web applications, big data (Hadoop) are a significant plus
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Podium Data offers competitive compensation and benefits in a dynamic early stage software company environment.
Contact: Bob Vecchione: firstname.lastname@example.org